- This event has passed.
25. March 2015 @ 08:00 - 27. March 2015 @ 17:00
The Society for Cardiothoracic Surgery in Great Britain and Ireland SCTS was founded in 1934 and was initially devoted to the practice of thoracic surgery, which at that time was mostly for tuberculosis. After World War II, with such pioneers as Lord Brock and Sir Thomas Holmes-Sellors, cardiac surgery was introduced and the number of cardiothoracic surgeons steadily increased. The modern SCTS is:
• An independent self-funded organization
• Responsible to only our members
• The representative body for cardiothoracic surgery in Great Britain & Ireland
• We now have lay-input from a patient representative on our Executive Committee
• Nursing and trainee representatives on our Executive Committee